Hello, neighbors! I’m back with your new edition of the Avon-Avon Lake Daily. Here are all the things you need to know about what’s happening in town today. In today’s briefing, you’ll find these stories and more:
- Local teen artists win awards!
- Have you seen an eagle this winter?
- Real Estate news!
But first, today’s weather:
Breezy with 4-8″ of wet snow. High: 39 Low: 32.
Are you a business owner or marketer in Avon-Avon Lake who wants to build awareness, connect with customers and increase sales? If that’s you, then I invite you to see how our newsletter sponsorships combine our local audience reach with your expertise to attract new customers. Click here to learn more.
Here are the top stories today in Avon-Avon Lake:
- Cleveland Clinic: “DJ is our youngest patient to undergo a rare heart procedure where surgeons rerouted his arteries to establish healthy blood flow. He just turned 2 and celebrated his first birthday at home!” (Cleveland Clinic via Instagram)
- Cleveland Clinic: “No matter the situation, you should always know about the best foods to stockpile in case of future emergencies! Keep healthy foods on hand, like tuna packets, canned veggies and fruits, and beans and rice.” (Cleveland Clinic via Instagram)
- Support Avon Schools: “Promoting healthy eating! Kindergartners from Ms. Rush’s class had so much fun recently learning about fruits and vegetables during Fresh from the Farm week! The children had $10 to spend and went shopping.” (Support Avon Schools via Facebook)
- Avon Lake City Schools: “Check out today’s The Chronicle-Telegram Congrats to Ella and to all our ALHS art students and art teachers! Show runs thru Feb. 16 at Lorain County Community College #ALexcellence” (Avon Lake City Schools via Facebook)
- Love-A-Stray Dog Division Non-Profit Rescue: “Rescued from a puppy mill 6 months ago, Char was completely shutdown!! She had multiple litters and spent 24/7 in a cage. It took months for her to even raise her head. We reached out to our friend Amy to help decompress and rehabilitate her, then she went to a fantastic foster home for months before she could officially be up for adoption. We hit the lottery with her new awesome home where she has a dog friend and a fenced-in yard.” (Love-A-Stray Dog Division Non-Profit Rescue via Facebook)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
You’re officially in the loop for today! See you all tomorrow for another update.
— Karena Garrity
About me: Journalism in my veins. I have been a community reporter for the better part of the past 20 years. I love my small-town community and I am honored to be a part of Patch.com. You can reach me at; email@example.com.
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Avon-Avon Lake Daily? Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org